There are multiple factors that must be considered as you plan your wisdom tooth extraction in Chicago. That’s why it is important to schedule a consultation with your oral surgeon in order to position yourself for the best possible surgical experience and also the best possible final outcome.
During your consultation, your oral surgeon will determine the procedures that will be required to complete your treatment, and a detailed treatment plan will be outlined for you. Your treatment plan will list all applicable procedure codes and their corresponding fees, enabling you to be informed and prepared for the out-of-pocket expenses that will be due at the time that services are rendered.
According to the guidelines set by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Current Dental Terminology (CDT) codes that relate to oral surgery and wisdom teeth removal include:
- 7210 Surgical Extraction $403
- 7220 Soft Tissue Impaction $440
- 7230 Partial Bony Impaction $549
- 7240 Complete Bony Impaction $661
- 7241 Complete Bony Impaction With Complicating Factors $780
- 9220 Deep Sedation first 30 minutes $575
- 9221 Deep Sedation subsequent 15 minute increments $238
- 9241 Moderate Sedation (Conscious Sedation) first 30 minutes $619
- 9242 Moderate Sedation subsequent 15 minute increments $254
- 9610 Parenteral Administration of Therapeutic Medication (Anti-inflammatory Steroid) $170
- 9910 Administration/Application of Desensitizing Agent (Hydrocolloid Analgesic) $115
The fees associated with each procedure code, otherwise known as “usual and customary fees” are based upon data that is compiled annually by the NDAS (National Dental Advisory Service). This national database is referenced by all dentists and specialists in order to set competitive, non-insurance fees for every dental procedure code (CDT). These fees vary and are determined specifically for the zip codes of dental clinics in Illinois and throughout the country. Based on zip code, the same extraction procedure may cost more in New York than in Chicago, or more in Oak Park than in Hyde Park.
Not all wisdom teeth extraction procedures are identical. The surgeon’s evaluation of your specific needs will determine which of these procedures will apply to your particular treatment.
Without the help of dental insurance, even necessary and beneficial oral surgery treatment can often be difficult to budget. To assist in meeting your needs, we offer several third-party, interest-free 0% financing options that are designed for dental and healthcare needs. To learn more, we invite you to call ORA® Oral Surgery & Implant Studio at 312-328-9000 for your appointment today.